Re: 192:6 VALID +2.0

From: Joshua (j3b4_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 21:17:44 PDT

--- "Mary K. Kuhner" <mkkuhner_at_eskimo.com> wrote:
> From:  Storm, free-lance gladiator-at-law
> To:  All FRC Legal Counsel
> Re:  Cutting to the chase
>
> Gentlebeings, a much simpler solution lies in RO 9:
>
>  9.  Amendment.  [...]
>      Overrule. The regular ordinances may be overruled for a single
>      round if a proposal is posted to do so and said proposal
> receives
>      a two-thirds (2/3) affirmative vote of the members voting on
> that
>      proposal within three (3) days after the posting of that
>      proposal.
>
> Pull the sword from the stone!  Propose a temporary overrule
> modifying the transfer of Judicial power and thereby making yourself
> Judge for the next round!  The only drawback is the need for a
> 2/3 affirmative vote of the members voting.  This is easily overcome.
> RO 2 provides:
>
>  2. Membership.  Any person may become a member of this committee by
>     posting in the committee forum a statement of intent to join.
>     A member may resign from the committee at any time.
>
> We note that the Judge is a member, and may therefore vote.  All
> he needs to do, then, is insure either that other votes are positive,
> or that there are no other votes.  I suggest that the simplest
> solution is "there can be only one".  Voter-removal services will
> be cheerfully provided on request.
>
> I also note that my colleagues have been, so far, defeatist in the
> extreme.  From here on rules must not only acknowledge a difficulty
> with their proposal, but must show how that difficulty can be
> overcome.
> Proposals such as memos 192:3 or 192:4 do not show the degree of
> positive thinking required of our profession!
>
> Storm
>
> --
>
> Mary Kuhner mkkuhner_at_eskimo.com
>
> --
> Rule Date: 2002-08-22 19:39:00 GMT

VALID +2.0
Purely for offering voter removal services.

After a weekend of contemplation and intense soul-searching.  The judge
has attained an even higher plateau of consciousness than before.  New
possibilities have opened up whose promises must not be neglected.
Possibilities like being free to let a week go by without opening his
email. The promise of fame and fortune without the burden of
responsibility.  The judge now wishes to consider how he might win the
current round and yet be relieved of the onerous task of actually
judging rules.  As it is of course the purpose of the Fantasy Rules
Comittee to think of ways to make the judge happy, we are happily
looking forward to all of your clever suggestions.

=====

 "Dying should be as easy as falling off of a log"
-I don't know who said that when

Post your ad for free now! http://personals.yahoo.ca