192:6

From: Mary K. Kuhner (mkkuhner_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 12:38:20 PDT

From:  Storm, free-lance gladiator-at-law
To:  All FRC Legal Counsel
Re:  Cutting to the chase

Gentlebeings, a much simpler solution lies in RO 9:

 9.  Amendment.  [...]
     Overrule. The regular ordinances may be overruled for a single
     round if a proposal is posted to do so and said proposal receives
     a two-thirds (2/3) affirmative vote of the members voting on that
     proposal within three (3) days after the posting of that
     proposal.

Pull the sword from the stone!  Propose a temporary overrule
modifying the transfer of Judicial power and thereby making yourself
Judge for the next round!  The only drawback is the need for a
2/3 affirmative vote of the members voting.  This is easily overcome.
RO 2 provides:

 2. Membership.  Any person may become a member of this committee by
    posting in the committee forum a statement of intent to join.
    A member may resign from the committee at any time.

We note that the Judge is a member, and may therefore vote.  All
he needs to do, then, is insure either that other votes are positive,
or that there are no other votes.  I suggest that the simplest
solution is "there can be only one".  Voter-removal services will
be cheerfully provided on request.

I also note that my colleagues have been, so far, defeatist in the
extreme.  From here on rules must not only acknowledge a difficulty
with their proposal, but must show how that difficulty can be overcome.
Proposals such as memos 192:3 or 192:4 do not show the degree of
positive thinking required of our profession!

Storm

--

Mary Kuhner mkkuhner_at_eskimo.com