Re: Round 191 - Leadership of the FRC (fwd)

From: Henry P Towsner (htowsner_at_stanford.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 11 2002 - 23:00:17 PDT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 22:14:29 -0400 (EDT)
From: Joshua <j3b4_at_yahoo.com>
To: Henry P Towsner <htowsner_at_Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Re: Round 191 - Leadership of the FRC

By the undeniable authority invested in me as the first poster of a
rule in round 191, I hereby declare:

We can no longer put off this burning issue.  As much as many have been
content to let the Committee flounder from mini-regime to mini-regime
as judges rise and fall at the whims of the Wizards, it is no longer
tenable to continue without vesting some appropriate figure with the
trappings of ULTIMATE AUTHORITY.

To reach this aim, the duties and privileges of our commander in chief
or must be defined, eir title decided and some poor hapless fool must
be appointed to this exalted throne.  Each future rule must treat upon
one and only one of the following aspects of this appointment:
1. it's duties
2. it's privileges
3. it's title
4. the name of the sucker who's gonna get the job

Furthermore since no authority can be legitimate unless it is derived
from another legitimate authority, every future rule must specify by
whom or what it derives it's authority.

VALID, since there's no reason not to be.  A little unstylish to place all
restrictions on future rules, and perhaps a tad long, but an interesting
theme.  +1 style.

Henry