169:6 - INVALID +1.75

From: Glenn Overby II (guardcaptain_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 00:44:11 PDT

Anton Cox writes:

>169:6
>>>>>>>

>Having finally found my token (a one-legged Chihuahua made of tin), I
>can at last take my turn. I had better be careful not to roll a 1 or a
>3, or else David will end up on 70 by the bumping rule, and be almost
>sure to win! Here goes...
>
>I rolled 7 as well. So I land on Rich's square, he is bumped back to 5
>and I have to draw a Constraint card (although Rich did not mention
>it, you also have to draw one when your square's numerical part is an
>odd multiple of 7 too.)
>
>My card says, "Henceforth, only players who have taken less turns
>than the player with the most advanced token (including "missed turns"
>due to penalties) are allowed more than one turn in the same rule."
>
>Having rolled the same total as the last player to go, I am guilty of
>being Unoriginal, and must miss a turn. Missed turns must be taken in
>the player's next valid rule.

Validity:  On the surface, this looks good.  The problem is that the rule excludes
certain eligible players in certain circumstances from being able to post a valid rule
at all.  This conflicts with Regular Ordinance 4, which specifies how a player
becomes eligible to post a rule.  INVALID.

Style:  Unoriginal is quite original; +0.75.  Another +0.75 for bailing out the Judge
in posting a quick copy of the Wizard's map...I promised him a bonus for that.  :)
Finally, +0.25 for patching Richard's ambiguity in 169:5.  No deductions--a fine
+1.75.

Reflections: Rulemakers may wish to specify the count on each die rolled.  Or not.

Glenn E. Overby II "da judge"
Clinton Twp, MI
http://home.earthlink.net/~guardcaptain/

"Today, our nation saw evil, the very worst of human nature,
and we responded with the best of America...None of us will
ever forget this day, yet we go forward to defend freedom
and all that is good and just in our world."
   -- President George W. Bush
      11th September 2001