Fwd: Re: Describing the Map

From: Glenn Overby II (guardcaptain_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 13:05:48 PDT

The following message was sent to me in error, and has been posted to the list at
Jesse's request.

Da Judge

From: Jesse Welton <jwelton_at_pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu>
To: guardcaptain_at_earthlink.net (Glenn Overby II)
Subject: Re: Describing the Map
Date: 9/25/01 4:02:19 PM

Glenn Overby II wrote:

> 17a has a stylized animal face.

Reminds me of a teddy bear.

> 21a has a picture I cannot identify.  (Wizard?)

I'm not the Wizard, but I might guess it's a tiny desert island with a
single palm tree.  But the resolution is low enough that it could
instead be, say, a water spigot sticking up out of a rock.  Basically,
it's a rough oval with a vertical line coming up out of it with
something chunky or squiggly at the top.

> 39 has a spaceship, I think.

That, or a frog's head (in profile) with mechanical legs implanted in
it.  (It's roughly an oval, pointed on the left side, with a roughly
circular bubble on top, and four sticks of some sort coming out the
bottom.

> 44a looks like four beasts in a field.

Or m-birds in the sky.

> 67 has a squiggly line ending at the bottom in a three-pointed flower head?

A broom?

-Jesse

-------- End of forwarded message --------