168:14

From: Glenn Overby II (guardcaptain_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 06:43:59 PDT

168:14

Beep!  BEEP!BEEP!

A rather large, garish van pulls up to Alan's homesite.  It is day-glo orange, with
purple text lavishly painted on the side: "Floozy Rehabilitation Council".

"Parteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!"

Eleven young women, and one harried-looking geek with glasses and a pocket-
protector, stream toward the house with all manner of buffet supplies.  Swedish
meatballs, sauerkraut, and lasagna provide some of the more distinct fragrances.
Except for the ones worn by the women.

The last gal out of the van rips the shiny bulb-type horn off the side of the van
(obviously low-quality).  BEEP!  Seeing a bemused Alan in the doorway, she
hands him the shiny horn.  "Hi, dude.  Cool place!  Here you go."

Mr. Geek starts to introduce himself, looking nervously at his watch.  HONK!
HONK!

Two pickups pull in.  "Oh, good.  I've been waiting for these guys.  Sorry about
the delay in your balcony, Mr. Riddell.  They'll only be a few minutes, and all will be
ready."

"By the way, I'm Frederick Riddell Chapman of the Floozy Rehabilitation Council.
Fourth cousin, twice removed, and ought to be removed.  ::nervous chuckle::
Thanks for the invite and the work order.  The food looks good, I'm sure that
Suzee over there will have a bill for you.

"Kindly do me a favour...we've been working real hard with the girls, to...you
know...rehabilitate them.  Please make sure that each of your arriving buddies
does something to help our floozies...excuse me, young LADIES...along the path
to better things.  Thanks, cuz.  I'll just help myself now..."

And Frederick steps into the house, carefully, to the excited sounds of chatter and
the Bang Bang of the workmen.

Glenn

---

Glenn E. Overby II
Clinton Twp, MI
http://home.earthlink.net/~guardcaptain/

"Today, our nation saw evil, the very worst of human nature,
and we responded with the best of America...None of us will
ever forget this day, yet we go forward to defend freedom
and all that is good and just in our world."
   -- President George W. Bush
      11th September 2001