168:13 - INVALID +0.5

From: Jesse Welton (jwelton_at_pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 07:43:47 PDT

168:13  James Willson       2001-09-12 21:50:53     INVALID +0.5

> I just dropped by to say hi, Alan, and your doorman demanded that I
> give you food!  Luckily I had some on me - a carrot, a pumpkin, and
> a can of dog food.  I put them in the pantry, which seems to take up
> the whole of the ground floor.
>
> Now that the basics of your house are completed, I've arranged for
> my construction friends to build some exceptionally goshe additions
> on it.  They start work at rule 168:14 and will continue at least
> through 169:15.  The cost of the additions is 50,000 frocloos.  You
> must pay them in your next valid ruld after they are finished.
>
> Oh, and do have a word with your doorman; he is incapable of being nice!

Validity: 168:9 required that "walls, roof, [and] balcony" be finished
"in the next 3 rules".  This can be a little tricky, as it doesn't
explicitly say it only counts VALID rules; but this is typically the
way such rules are interpreted, traditionally.  (Also, this is the
interpretation necessary for 168:12 to have been VALID.)  So for this
to be VALID, the balcony must be completed, but it is not.

Style: An amusing assortment of food items, but building would be
better than requiring building, and the restriction is again limited
in scope.  +0.5

-Judge Jesse