169:16

From: Factitious (x40_at_pacbell.net)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 22:27:29 PDT

169:16

<><>
    3, and another 3!  Seems to me that’s a good roll, as it allows me to choose which
branch of the path to follow.  Going to 19a would get me closer to the end, but I am a
patient gameplayer, and will instead take the lengthier route by going to 19.
    Of course, I can roll again after getting doubles.  My next roll is also double
threes, which moves me to 25.
    Since spaces marked with square numbers are hostile by nature, players landing on
them must then move 3 spaces back, minus the player’s charisma.  This is because
charismatic players are more able to influence the space’s feelings.  (Yes, of course
spaces have feelings.  At least, the odd ones do.  Some of the others are too
even-tempered for strong emotions, and many odd ones are more in tune with their primal
nature.)
    After moving back 3 minus 0 spaces, I end up on 22, just one space away from The
Volcano.  The Volcano is not a space I would care to land on.  In addition to requiring
a Constraint Card to be drawn, landing on The Volcano makes a player’s piece turn into a
pile of ash!  I do not want my beautiful bottle reduced to such an ignominous condition,
and I hope I will be able to stay past The Volcano.
><><

-Factitious