Re: Proposal Voting Status and Question

From: Anton Cox (A.G.Cox_at_city.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 09:37:36 PDT

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Glenn Overby II wrote:

>                                            ....  I do not know the
> precedents of the Committee on a withdrawn Proposal, if there are
> any.  My instinct, and common sense, would treat 165:A, clearly
> written in error, as though it had never been proposed.  But we all
> know that common sense sometimes has nothing to do with FRC.
> Advice?

I think there is a precedent for withdrawing the proposal, though off
the top of my head I cant give a specific example. (And we still
have his 169:B to raise a smile, at least for now.)

> 169:A
> FOR: Rich
> AGAINST: Tripper, Glenn

I vote AGAINST this proposal for the (non-pedantic) reason given earlier.

> 169:B
> FOR: Aron
> AGAINST: Glenn

I'm tempted to vote yes for this one... but I think I will wait for
Aron to withdraw it instead.

Anton