169:14

From: Aron Wall (aron_at_wall.org)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 10:15:23 PDT

I hate it when that happens.  For some reason the hypnotic vapors
emitted by the paints used to craft the game often give players the
delusion that it is their turn and that they are playing it out; in
fact, they are staring immobile at the game with an odd far away look
while chanting nonsense about what they are doing, until they snap out
of the trance.  Often their rantings involve quite ridiculous
assertations about the rules, but I assure you that in my most recent
trance, in which I thought it was my turn instead of Tripper's, I was
quite accurate in my little lecture about conflict resolution (alright,
so my statement about pieces going into a superposition of states was
completely delusional?  I plead insanity).  I roll the dice and get a 6,
landing on the space of the same name and bumping Jesse back to 4.  Then
I roll a 6 again, but am stopped by the ship space, which can only be
passed by magical spells.  Since I am certainly not traveling by means
of magic, I am forced to land on the ship space, bumping Richard back to
8.  By the way, I still don't understand why the number of turns taken
listed on the side of the board for the Judge started at 43, and keeps
going down by one each time any of the rest of us make a move.  Is it
possible to take a negative turn?  Does anyone know why that is?  I know
that the Judge has a Charisma of 8, but that doesn't quite explain this
effect.

Aron Wall