Round 171 is dead. Long live Round 172.

From: Ed Murphy (emurphy42_at_socal.rr.com)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 11:24:03 PST

Rule      Ruling    Style     Date                                Player
-----     ------    -----     --------------------------     ---------------
171:1     VALID     +1.0      21 Oct 2001 14:47:08 -0400     Glenn Overby II
171:2     VALID     +1.0      21 Oct 2001 19:18:21 -0700     Mark Nau
171:3     INVALID   -3.0      22 Oct 2001 21:51 (approx)     (some spammer)

Mark Nau is the Judge of Round 172.  Mark and Glenn are co-Wizards.

[171:1]

> Every wizard understands, from the beginning of her education, that the power
of
> magic is derived ultimately from the five elements: Earth, Fire, Metal, Water,
and
> Wood.  Even the simplest Elemental Blast spell is affected by the relationship
of
> the elements.  Earth drinks Water.  Water quenches Fire.  Fire melts Metal.
Metal
> chops Wood.  Wood eats Earth.
>
> All contributors to this grimoire shall name a spell, and explain how one or
more of
> the five elements relate to it.

VALID, style +1.0

+1.0 general content
+0.0 simple restriction

[171:2]

> Each element is associated with a letter of the alphabet:
> Earth-E
> Water-W
> Fire-F
> Metal-M
> Wood-D
>
> Each valid rule generates, for its author, one point of mana in the element
> whose letter appears earliest in the text of the rule. Mana can is used to
> cast spells. For example, the "Muddy Text" spell requires 1 Earth and 1
> Water mana to cast.

VALID, style +1.0

+1.0 general content
+1.0 tempting others to be devious ("Muddy Text")
-0.5 grammar error ("Mana can is used")
-0.5 no restriction

[171:3]

(spam omitted)

INVALID, style -3.0

Do I really need to itemize this?

--
Ed Murphy <emurphy42_at_socal.rr.com>          "I'm not sure I can go through
http://members.fortunecity.com/emurphy/      with it.  Leave, I mean."